Monday, April 19, 2010

Live Each Day To Its Fullest

Hi Friends and Family,

Writing this in Georgia font again, but green for a high school friend who just lost her husband. When I think of her, I remember her wearing a green shirt to school. I can't recall if she did this often, once or perhaps, not at all. I just think of this color when I think of her. Wanting to respect her privacy, all I will say is that she is 30 with two very young children and now a widow. From what I gather, she showed enormous strength, dignity and grace at her husband's memorial and to be honest, I would never had expected otherwise. She is the kind of person that you just look at and smile. She always had a welcoming demeanor and her brown eyes exuded warmth and compassion. My heart aches and my eyes have had tears in them for much of the past few days. I don't want to make this tragedy my own by any means, but when something like this happens, most people selfishly think, "What if that happened to someone I loved?" and then proclaim to never take anything for granted. Well, guess what? That is exactly what I did! R and I spent the weekend on the boat, at the beach and shared 2 romantic dinners together. Not that monetary things make you live each day to its fullest, but with R's schedule we hardly ever get to have "dates." So, it was a treat! And to top it off, R found out today that he is leaving on Thursday for 4 months! Guess it was worth it after all.

Love to all and really. . .live each day to its fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment