Friday, January 8, 2010

What's Important

Because I would love to dedicate my memories of this next year to my future children, I have decided to document what is important to me as of this moment. . .

I have thought lately about what I relish in life. . .So the list begins, in no particular order, of course! The following is what I am most proud of and thankful for with some material things in between:

1. That my BigMama is 99 years old as of January 7th.

2. That my fiance wakes up in a good mood EVERY MORNING (yes, its true and he does not take medication-isn't that a miracle?).

3. That the smell of a new box of crayons makes me smile!

4. That I love people no matter their race, religion, creed or color as long as they are nice. I must say that my motto in life is: "If your're good, you're good; if you're bad, you're bad. . .nuff said!"

5. That nothing makes me happier than a fountain Coke in a styrofoam cup with crushed ice and a straw!

6. That hearing my children of hispanic origin say my name makes my knees go weak. They roll the "r" as best as any 4 year old I know!

7. That I can say "up the road," "down the road" or "to the road" and my family knows that that means 2 miles, 2 minutes or 2 hours without any explanation.

8. That my sweet tea is actually "sugar water."

9. That I am a sucker for my two children. . .just like my soon-to-be-husband; they are always wagging their tales! :)

10. That the Basil scent by Mrs. Meyers' hand soap is the best thing I have ever washed my hands with (preposition, I know).

11. That the quote: "[Red] wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" is true. (This is really a quote from Benjamin Franklin and I have a feeling that we would have been friends.)

12. That my brother, Blakely, is really the most innocent and real person I know.

13. That I can count on a trip "back home" to humble me-in a good way.

14. That any spontaneous, Sunday booze cruise with R, Sailor and Alice Ann on our boat is heaven!

15. That the feeling of goose bumps at Jordan (pronounced Jurden) Hare Stadium when the eagle flies around NEVER gets old.

16. That my BFF's (they know who they are) are the best girls in the world.

17. That my "little cousins" are coming into their own.

18. That R and I still crave a Waffle House breakfast!

19. That having a housekeeper (even in a small house) is a blessing!

20. That karma is a . . .!

1 comment:

  1. love it love it love it! especially about auburn football...and i think #5 is true unless you count some red wine! miss you, love you, hope you enjoy every minute of this special year!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete